Swinburne University of Technology
Run since 2007
The objective for this subject is to provide an introduction to the practice of creating multimedia. Students will develop appropriate practical skills through the use of industry standard multimedia imaging and authoring software packages, and through introduction to related theoretical concepts. This will serve as a foundation for more advanced practical and theoretical multimedia studies.
This unit of study involves an introduction to the practice of multimedia creation using various industry standard software tools.
* Concepts in digital image creation and manipulation.
* Introduction to bitmap and vector graphics.
* Introduction to Multimedia Authoring.
* Introduction to vector graphics animation.
* Principles of animation applied to computer graphics.
* Comparison of various multimedia software packages.